Sports Chiropractic: How to Survive and Thrive
Dr. Alan Sokoloff
In recent years, chiropractors have continued to grow as an integral part of sports at all levels. Yet there are some DC’s that lose great opportunities because of lack of organizational knowledge or not knowing how best to get involved. Because communication is the leading reason more chiropractors are not more involved in treating athletes and organized sports leagues, this webinar has been designed for chiropractors to identify some key strategies, avoid risks, and navigate the sports setting better. Chiropractic needs not only to survive, but thrive when it comes to treating more athletes!
- Realize the opportunity chiropractors have in educating and help with young athletes
- Understand a different organizational structure with the ATC at the top
- Identify best communication with other healthcare professionals in the sporting world.
Speaker: Alan Sokoloff, DC
Dr. Alan K. Sokoloff, or “Dr. Sok”, as his patients refer to him, is the owner/clinic director of the Yalich Clinic Performance and Rehabilitation in Glen Burnie, MD, where he has practiced for over 30 years.
Since 1999, he continues to be one of the team chiropractors for World Champion Baltimore Ravens of the NFL. He is a medical team member for the Bowie Baysox, an Orioles AA team. He has also been a part of the University of Maryland Sports Medical Team since 1991. Dr. Sok is the current president of the Professional Football Chiropractic Society. He has completed his first in a series of concussion prevention DVDs, Tackling Concussion Head On, starring NFL, college, and high school guests.
This lecture was provided by ChiroHealthUSA
*Note: THIS CLASS IS NOT FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION. FCA Member cost for this course is FREE, Non-Members is $15. Members, make sure you are logged in to receive this discount. Any questions, email email@example.com
A few notes before you begin:
- Please verify that your browser settings are enabled to ALLOW pop-ups. A pop-up window is how you will view this course.
- link to enable pop-ups in Safari
- link to enable pop-ups Google Chrome
- link to enable pop-ups in Firefox
- Please be sure that the device and IP address/location that you begin the course on is the same throughout the course entirety.
- When your program pauses at the end of a video, you have completed the end of that section. Close out of your window, give the system a moment to reset, then click the "next" button at the bottom right area of your screen. This will bring up the next section of the webinar. You can always note the completed sections on the Course Progress-Tracker on the left side of the screen.