Pharmacology: Part 1
Dr. Roy Settergren
This session provides an overview on the principles, practices, nomenclature, work-up and management of the patient in their relationship with pharmaceuticals.
At the end of this session, the student will have a detailed understanding of:
- Pharmacology and its divisions
- Positive and negative drug reactions
- Receptor theory
- Drug mechanisms
- Drugs for ANS and CNS
- Cardiovascular drugs
- Anti-inflammatory drugs
- Gastrointestinal drugs
- Antimicrobial drugs
- Male and female system drugs
- Substance abuse
- Herb/drug interactions
Roy Settergren, MD, RMSK
Dr. Roy Settergren currently works as a physician at Amita La Grange Hospital, and also runs his own practice in Illinois. His specialties include chiropractic and family medicine. He is also a faculty member at National University of Health Sciences, and serves the department of Distance Learning & Professional Programs. Dr. Settergren has co-written a few publications:
Ultrasound Guided Dry Needling in Tendinopathy: A Case Series
Assessment of Z joints Using Sound and Vibration Recordings and Ultrasound Imaging of the Spine before, during, and after Spinal Manipulation
Assessing Spinal Degeneration Using Sonography
Assessment of Lumbar Zygopophyseal Joint with Diagnostic Ultrasound During Lumbar Manipulative Therapy
Upon completion of this course, each learner will receive 12 approved hours applicable toward a DACBI certification.
*Note: THIS CLASS IS NOT FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION. The sentence that is listed below is noted ONLY for DABCI credit.
- 12.00 Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) CE
*If you are an FCA Member, Chiropractic Student, or a currently licensed DABCI, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before you "add to cart" to authenticate your status and receive a discount code.
- Please verify that your browser settings are enabled to ALLOW pop-ups. A pop-up window is how you will view this course.
- link to enable pop-ups in Safari
- link to enable pop-ups Google Chrome
- link to enable pop-ups in Firefox
- Please be sure that the device and IP address/location that you begin the course on is the same throughout the course entirety.
- When your program pauses at the end of a video, you have completed the end of that section. Close out of your window, give the system a moment to reset, and proceed to the next section noted on the Course Progress-Tracker on the left side of the screen.
Please be aware that due to the size and volume of content housed on this site, please make sure your software is up to date. We have noticed older devices take longer or have troubles playing the larger video files.