NW - Taking the Risk Out of Nutrition. A No-Nonsense Approach for Every Practice
This will be a live virtual event offered during NW 2022 Regional - Virtual Event
Nutritional supplementation can be a daunting consideration for many practitioners. Knowing what to recommend, how to make that recommendation, when to recommend and how to avoid the common risk areas and pitfalls of this area and to do so in a manner that is easy to integrate into a practice often steer practitioners away from making nutrition a key component of a patient’s care plan. Understanding what supplements a patient can safely take, which to avoid, and therapeutic vs. supportive dosing will be presented.
Doctor of Chiropractic
Certified Chiropractic Physician's Assistant
- Review for practitioners’ ways to have this discussion with their patients so that they will be the go-to resource for nutrition and supplementation advice
- Understanding of how and why to make certain recommendations for common conditions seen in the chiropractic office will be reviewed
- Understanding the how’s and why’s of when to not recommend supplements will also be a critical component of this session
- Review medications for adverse drug-supplement interactions as well as beneficial supplements for patients taking certain medications
Jeff Lewin, DC
Dr. Jeff Lewin is a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician and a graduate of New York Chiropractic College. He established his practice in Coral Springs, Florida in 1990 and soon after created one of the first multidisciplinary practices in the country combining chiropractic with medical physicians and physical therapists all under one roof. This type of coordinated care combined the best of all disciplines for the betterment of his patients and became the model for hundreds of similar practices around the United States.
Dr. Lewin has been a practice and business coach to thousands of doctors around the world helping them build successful practices that deliver outstanding clinical outcomes. He presents at conferences throughout the United States as well as Canada, Mexico, Israel, and the Caribbean helping doctors build practices that are also successful businesses.
Dr. Lewin has served on the medical staff of numerous athletic competitions including American Volleyball Professionals tournaments as well as 19th Maccabiah Games held in Israel.
Dr. Lewin resides in Parkland, Florida with his wife, Susan where they have raised their four sons.
- 2.00 Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) CE
- 2.00 Risk Management (RM) credit