Gastrointestinal: Upper and Lower GI, The Microbiome and Treatments Related To Chronic Disease
Dr. William Kleber and Dr. Brett Wisniewski
This session provides an overview on the principles, practices, nomenclature, patient work-up and management of gastrointestinal conditions and diseases that will present to an office of internal disorders.
At the end of the session, the student will have a detailed understanding of:
- Symptom presentation, work up, treatment and management of conditions related to the gastrointestinal system
- Recognize acute abdominal pain and using appropriate clinical judgment determining the best course of action
- An appropriate work up of gastrointestinal symptoms
- Appropriate treatment protocols for gastrointestinal conditions/diseases
Speaker: William Kleber, DC, DABCI
Dr. Kleber received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree at New York Chiropractic College in 1982. He also earned his Diplomate Degree from the American Board of Chiropractic Internists in 2000. He is one of two coordinators of the DABCI program, certified by the Council on Diagnosis and Internal Disorders. His interest in internal medicine began when he came to believe that his patients were suffering from more than just musculoskeletal issues. He brings a wealth of knowledge and over 3 decades of experience to the clinic.
Speaker: Brett Wisniewski, MS, DC, DABCI, DACBNDr. Brett Wisniewski has been practicing natural medicine for over 10 years. He spends most of his time as a full-time clinic director and clinical consultant at Gateway Natural Medicine & Diagnostic Center. Dr. Wisniewski currently holds diplomates from the American Board of Chiropractic Internists (DABCI) and the American Clinical Board of Nutrition (DACBN) of which he is the program director and sits on the board.
Dr. Wisniewski concentrates his studies in immunology, autoimmune disease, infectious disease and cancer. He prides himself on truly listening to his patients and finding the missing puzzle piece to their story. He is recognized, nationally, for presenting on such topics and enjoys pushing the limits of diagnostics and natural medicine.
Upon completion of this course, each learner will receive 12 approved hours applicable toward a DACBI certification. These 12 hours of education are also currently submitted for ACBN approval as well.
*Note: THIS CLASS IS NOT FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION. The sentence that is listed below is noted ONLY for DABCI credit.
- 12.00 Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) CE
*If you are an FCA Member, Chiropractic Student, or a currently licensed DABCI please email email@example.com before you "add to cart" to authenticate your status and receive a discount code.
- Please verify that your browser settings are enabled to ALLOW pop-ups. A pop-up window is how you will view this course.
- link to enable pop-ups in Safari
- link to enable pop-ups Google Chrome
- link to enable pop-ups in Firefox
- Please be sure that the device and IP address/location that you begin the course on is the same throughout the course entirety.
- Use the BLUE "start" and "stop" icon at the very bottom of your screen to pause and proceed with the course. Please IGNORE the "gray bar" controls, that appear in the video image itself.
- When your program pauses at the end of a section, the "next" button at the right bottom of your screen will bring up the following section. If there is no "next" button, you have completed the end of the section. Close out of your window, and proceed to the next section noted on the Course Progress-Tracker on the L side of the screen.
Please be aware that due to the size and volume of content housed on this site, please make sure your software is up to date. We have noticed older devices take longer or have troubles playing the larger video files.