Fundamentals and Advanced Topics on Immunology and Autoimmune Disease
Dr. William Kleber and Dr. Brett Wisniewski
In this course we covered both foundational and advanced topics in the area of immunology and natural primary care. We will expand on our previous knowledge of the inflammatory response and layer real-life patient cases. Join us as we go through the different cells, organs and mechanisms of the immune system and discuss laboratory testing strategies for both acute and chronic care. We will also be discussing autoimmune disease as well potential therapies for these patient cases.
At the completion of this course, you should:
- Have a better understanding of the basics of immune function and clinical laboratory testing
- Feel confident in the ability to assist patients through both acute and chronic inflammatory processes
- Be able to educate your patients on the ‘what’ and the ‘why’, in reference to their complaints/condition, as it relates with to the immune system and inflammatory pathways
William Kleber, DC, DABCI
Dr. Kleber received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree at New York Chiropractic College in 1982. He also earned his Diplomate Degree from the American Board of Chiropractic Internists in 2000. He is one of two coordinators of the DABCI program, certified by the Council on Diagnosis and Internal Disorders. His interest in internal medicine began when he came to believe that his patients were suffering from more than just musculoskeletal issues. He brings a wealth of knowledge and over 3 decades of experience to the clinic.
Brett Wisniewski, MS, DC, DABCI, DACBNDr. Brett Wisniewski has been practicing natural medicine for over 10 years. He spends most of his time as a full-time clinic director and clinical consultant at Gateway Natural Medicine & Diagnostic Center. Dr. Wisniewski currently holds diplomates from the American Board of Chiropractic Internists (DABCI) and the American Clinical Board of Nutrition (DACBN) of which he is the program director and sits on the board.
Dr. Wisniewski concentrates his studies in immunology, autoimmune disease, infectious disease and cancer. He prides himself on truly listening to his patients and finding the missing puzzle piece to their story. He is recognized, nationally, for presenting on such topics and enjoys pushing the limits of diagnostics and natural medicine.
Upon completion of this course, each learner will receive 12 approved hours applicable toward a DACBI certification.
*Note: THIS CLASS IS NOT FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION. The sentence that is listed below is noted ONLY for DABCI credit.
- 12.00 Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) CE
*If you are an FCA Member, Chiropractic Student, or a currently licensed DABCI, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before you "add to cart" to authenticate your status and receive a discount code.
- Please verify that your browser settings are enabled to ALLOW pop-ups. A pop-up window is how you will view this course.
- link to enable pop-ups in Safari
- link to enable pop-ups Google Chrome
- link to enable pop-ups in Firefox
- Please be sure that the device and IP address/location that you begin the course on is the same throughout the course entirety.
- When your program pauses at the end of a video, you have completed the end of that section. Close out of your window, give the system a moment to reset, and proceed to the next section noted on the Course Progress-Tracker on the left side of the screen.
Please be aware that due to the size and volume of content housed on this site, please make sure your software is up to date. We have noticed older devices take longer or have troubles playing the larger video files.