Dermatology: Underlying Pathology of Skin Disorders; Effective Protocols/Treatments
Dr. Tobi Jeurink, Dr. William Kleber, and Dr. Brett Wisniewski
This session provides an overview on the principles, practices, nomenclature, patient work-up and management of common dermatological conditions presenting to internal disorder practices.
At the end of the session, the student will have a detailed understanding of:
- Identifying and diagnosing some of the more common skin conditions that present to the internal disorder practice.
- Developing an appropriate treatment plan and follow up.
- Recognizing skin conditions/diseases that require an appropriate referral.
Tobi Jeurink, DC, FICCPA, DABCI
Dr. Jeurink was born and raised in the small northeastern town of Wray, Colorado. She grew up battling arthritis and autoimmune conditions and learned early on that most medicines are for symptoms, not for improving your health. She attended Pittsburg State University in Kansas and graduated with a Bachelor’s in Biology. In 2001, she graduated from Cleveland Chiropractic College and shortly after, purchased a Chiropractic clinic in Gardner, KS.
Dr. Jeurink’s postgraduate education includes Acupuncture and Applied Kinesiology. In 2004, she earned the Fellowship International Chiropractic Pediatric Association (F.I.C.P.A.) certification and in 2008, she completed a three year postgraduate program to become a Diplomate of the American Board of Chiropractic Internist (D.A.B.C.I.).
Dr. Jeurink serves as the current President of the Kansas Chiropractic Association (KCA). She serves as the Kansas alternate Delegate on the ACA House of Delegates and has gone to Washington DC for the past several years to help lobby to increase Chiropractic coverage for Veterans and Medicare recipients.
Dr. Jeurink is also been an instructor in the Diagnostic Sciences Department at Cleveland Chiropractic College since 2005 where she teaches Clinical Lab Diagnosis, Dermatology and Clinical Nutrition. She has also been awarded as the KCA’s “Young Doctor of the Year” (2006) and KCA’s “Doctor of the Year” (2010). Most recently (2015) she received the Strehl/Kessinger Award by the CDID for her service on the ABCI board.
As you can see, Dr. Jeurink is very driven by a passion for healthcare, emphasizing the word health, not disease. She continues to educate herself and believes in making small changes for big results. She strives to work with patients of all ages to develop a plan to help anyone reach their own optimal state of health through chiropractic, nutrition, exercise, and overall wellness practices. She is a doctor, teacher, and role model for self-care. She is an active runner, bicycler, hiker, swimmer and generally anything active. She especially enjoys travelling and getting to see the world by bike, hike, or scuba with her fiancé.
William Kleber, DC, DABCI
Dr. Kleber received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree at New York Chiropractic College in 1982. He also earned his Diplomate Degree from the American Board of Chiropractic Internists in 2000. He is one of two coordinators of the DABCI program, certified by the Council on Diagnosis and Internal Disorders. His interest in internal medicine began when he came to believe that his patients were suffering from more than just musculoskeletal issues. He brings a wealth of knowledge and over 3 decades of experience to the clinic.
Brett Wisniewski, MS, DC, DABCI, DACBNDr. Brett Wisniewski has been practicing natural medicine for over 10 years. He spends most of his time as a full-time clinic director and clinical consultant at Gateway Natural Medicine & Diagnostic Center. Dr. Wisniewski currently holds diplomates from the American Board of Chiropractic Internists (DABCI) and the American Clinical Board of Nutrition (DACBN) of which he is the program director and sits on the board.
Dr. Wisniewski concentrates his studies in immunology, autoimmune disease, infectious disease and cancer. He prides himself on truly listening to his patients and finding the missing puzzle piece to their story. He is recognized, nationally, for presenting on such topics and enjoys pushing the limits of diagnostics and natural medicine.
Upon completion of this course, each learner will receive 12 approved hours applicable toward a DACBI certification.
*Note: THIS CLASS IS NOT FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION. The sentence that is listed below is noted ONLY for DABCI credit.
- 12.00 Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) CE
*If you are an FCA Member, Chiropractic Student, or a currently licensed DABCI, please email email@example.com before you "add to cart" to authenticate your status and receive a discount code.
- Please verify that your browser settings are enabled to ALLOW pop-ups. A pop-up window is how you will view this course.
- link to enable pop-ups in Safari
- link to enable pop-ups Google Chrome
- link to enable pop-ups in Firefox
- Please be sure that the device and IP address/location that you begin the course on is the same throughout the course entirety.
- Use the BLUE "start" and "stop" icon at the very bottom of your screen to pause and proceed with the course. Please IGNORE the "gray bar" controls, that appear in the video image itself.
- When your program pauses at the end of a section, the "next" button at the right bottom of your screen will bring up the following section. If there is no "next" button, you have completed the end of the section. Close out of your window, and proceed to the next section noted on the Course Progress-Tracker on the left side of the screen.
Please be aware that due to the size and volume of content housed on this site, please make sure your software is up to date. We have noticed older devices take longer or have troubles playing the larger video files.