CE Make-Up - Hormonal Influences of the Female Menstrual Cycle
This will be a live virtual event offered during the CE Make-Up 2022 - Virtual Event
This course takes the practicing physician on a journey of common conditions presented by the female patient from the onset of menarche through the post-menopausal state. Conditions reviewed in this session include benign breast conditions, PMS, pelvic pain syndromes, abnormal uterine bleeding, thyroid dysfunction, and infertility. Topics explored include obtaining a pertinent gynecological history, interpretation of physical examination and diagnostic laboratory findings, and the general evaluation and treatment management of physical and hormonal imbalances as they relate to the presenting female patient.
Doctor of Chiropractic
Certified Chiropractic Physician's Assistant
- Formulate a pertinent detailed history and physical examination procedures as they apply to the female patient of childbearing years and menopause
- Understand and directly apply the hormonal interpretations as they relate to the female menstrual cylce and conditions associated with pelvic pain, abnormal uterine bleeding, amenorrhea, and infertility
- Explain the pathophysiology of stress related hormonal imbalances that result in symptoms associated with premenstrual syndrome (PMS), thyroid dysfunction, and menopause
- Integrate appropriate treatment and management of common female conditions including dietary assessment, nutritional and supplemental support as well as chiropractic and complementary alternative therapies
Michelle Jourdan, DC, DABCI
Dr. Michelle D. Jourdan is currently a full-time faculty member of the Doctor of Chiropractic degree program at National University of Health Sciences (NUHS) Florida site. As an Associate Professor for both the clinical and basic sciences departments since 2011, Dr. Jourdan is able to apply her professional, business and continued education experience in curricula to include general pathophysiology, evaluation and management in each topic of study. Upon her advanced certification in 2015, the Florida DABCI program has provided Dr. Jourdan with additional opportunities to be a contributing instructor on various specialty topics in both Florida and Colorado DABCI course locations.
In addition to advancing her chiropractic education, Dr. Jourdan completed a master’s degree in biomedical sciences, graduating summa cum laude, in December of 2019. As an international medical graduate, Dr. Jourdan had the opportunity of utilizing multi-disciplinary clinical rotations to support the enhancement of her medical knowledge and skill set.
- 2.00 Certified Chiropractic Physicians Assistant (CCPA) CE
- 2.00 General (GEN) credit
- 2.00 Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) CE
- 2.00 Risk Management (RM) credit