Human Trafficking Awareness 2224
Dr. Mario Fucinari
Human Trafficking is considered modern-day slavery. This course will give you a better understanding of what human trafficking is, how to identify a patient or an individual who may be a victim of human trafficking, and how to properly report the abuse. You will be equipped with the resources to help fight human trafficking and provide resources to victims. Learn important terminology in this field, the different types of human trafficking that exist, and an understanding of the scope of the problem, both domestically and globally.
- Gain an understanding of the scope and magnitude of human trafficking, in both sex trafficking and labor trafficking.
- Recognize and identify individuals who may be victims of human trafficking.
- Understand trafficking from the perspective of the victim and the multiple needs of survivors.
- Learn key terminology associated with human trafficking.
- Recognize the roles that various disciplines/professionals have to play in anti-trafficking efforts.
Speaker: Mario Fucinari, DC, CPCO., CPPM, CIC
During his many years as a practicing chiropractic physician, Dr. Mario Fucinari realized that many practitioners were not documenting as completely as many states require by statute or regulation. He now concentrates his efforts to bringing an understanding of what is required for the benefit of the patient, the clinical responsibility of the practitioner and the requirements of the state board. This program is one that will benefit every practitioner and provide sound risk management information to every practitioner.
HIPAA complaints continue to roll in following the federally mandated HIPAA deadline and more and more D.C.s may find themselves needing to provide proof of compliance. Dr. Fucinari can help ensure your doctors are prepared for the current HIPAA guidelines.
His colorful and outgoing personality guarantees an entertaining presentation, while his program will help provide up-to-the-minute information.
Dr. Fucinari has helped train doctors and staff over the last 20 years. He received his bachelor’s degree from Wayne State University in Detroit and his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 1986. After graduating from Palmer College, Dr. Fucinari completed studies in chiropractic orthopedics and attained his certification as a chiropractic sports physician.
He currently practices full time in Decatur, Ilinois and is on the faculty and post-grad faculty at Logan Chiropractic College. Dr. Fucinari is a certified medical compliance specialist. He was the recipient of the 2003 President’s Award from the Illinois Chiropractic Society for his work with education and training.
Thank you to Speaker Sponsor: Foot Levelers
This lecture has been approved by Texas College of Chiropractic and quality control checked by the Florida Chiropractic Association. This lecture has attained approval in the following states: CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, IA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NJ, NM, NY, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, and WA.
Approved for CE for DC's & CCPA's:
1.0 hour of required credit in Human Trafficking
- 1.00 Certified Chiropractic Physicians Assistant (CCPA) CE
- 1.00 General (GEN) credit
- 1.00 Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) CE
- 1.00 Human Trafficking
*Note: FCA Member cost for this course is $15. Members, make sure you are logged in to receive this discount. Any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org before you add to the cart.
- Please verify that your browser settings are enabled to ALLOW pop-ups. A pop-up window is how you will view this course.
- link to enable pop-ups in Safari
- link to enable pop-ups Google Chrome
- link to enable pop-ups in Firefox
- Please be sure that the device and IP address/location that you begin the course on is the same throughout the course entirety.
- When your program pauses at the end of a video, you have completed the end of that section. Close out of your window, give the system a moment to reset, then click the "next" button at the bottom right area of your screen. This will bring up the next section or a challenge question that needs to be answered. You can always note the completed sections on the Course Progress-Tracker on the left side of the screen.