Florida Laws and Rules: Crash Course 2224
Zach Simpson, ESQ., EMBA
During this webinar we will familiarize and refresh chiropractors on Florida’s statutes, laws, rules, and regulations which govern the chiropractic profession here in “The Sunshine State”. This course is for everyone. Whether you are just getting into practice or have been in practice for years, this crash course will provide a high-level overview of Florida’s Rules and Regulations and show their practical application to everyday practice.
- To gain the knowledge and understanding of the laws, rules, and regulations as they relate to the chiropractic profession.
- By the end of this presentation, participants will be able to identify the types of actions that will lead to disciplinary actions by the Board of Chiropractic Medicine, and the legal system.
- Participants will be able to better understand the steps that can be taken to further reduce risk in their practice.
Speaker: Zach Simpson, ESQ., EMBA
Zach Simpson, an associate attorney at Florida Healthcare Law firm in Delray Beach, FL has nearly a decade of healthcare law experience with expertise in transactional healthcare and corporate regulatory matters. Zach and his firm have a reputation for being industry innovators in the field of laws that affect all types of healthcare providers and businesses, including chiropractors, physical therapists, massage therapists, physicians, group practices, pharmacies, imaging centers, medical spas, and many others.
Prior to joining The Florida Healthcare Law Firm, Mr. Simpson was in-house counsel and executive director of operations for many medical offices, and insurance payors which included but are not limited to chiropractic offices, diagnostic imaging centers, specialty pharmacies, integrated medical practices, stem cell therapy clinics, in addition to spending time as a personal injury attorney as well. He is equally knowledgeable about corporate law, and all of the specific federal laws and compliance regulations that relate to healthcare businesses such as the Stark, Anti-Kickback, fraud and abuse and HIPAA, but because he has also run many medical practices, he can shed light on how these laws can impact your company’s day to day operations which many attorneys do not have hands on experience with.
Mr. Simpson graduated from Georgia Southern University in 2010 with his B.A. Following his time there he graduated from Florida Coastal School of Law in 2013 with his J.D., and most recently graduated from Jacksonville University with his Executive MBA in Organizational Leadership in 2018.
Thank you to Speaker Sponsor: Florida Healthcare Law Firm
This lecture has been approved by Texas College of Chiropractic and quality control checked by the Florida Chiropractic Association. This lecture has attained approval in the following states: CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, IA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NJ, NM, NY, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, and WA.
- 1.00 Certified Chiropractic Physicians Assistant (CCPA) CE
- 1.00 General (GEN) credit
- 1.00 Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) CE
- 1.00 Florida Laws and Rules (FLR) credit
*Note: FCA Member cost for this course is $15. Members, make sure you are logged in to receive this discount. Any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org before you add to the cart.
- Please verify that your browser settings are enabled to ALLOW pop-ups. A pop-up window is how you will view this course.
- link to enable pop-ups in Safari
- link to enable pop-ups Google Chrome
- link to enable pop-ups in Firefox
- Please be sure that the device and IP address/location that you begin the course on is the same throughout the course entirety.
- When your program pauses at the end of a video, you have completed the end of that section. Close out of your window, give the system a moment to reset, then click the "next" button at the bottom right area of your screen. This will bring up the next section or a challenge question that needs to be answered. You can always note the completed sections on the Course Progress-Tracker on the left side of the screen.