Documentation and Case Management: Right Before Your Very Eyes 2224
Dr. Mark Charrette and Kathy Mills Chang
It’s one thing to sit in class and talk about managing a patient from initial history to discharge. Learning how to document that can be as dry as toast. But when team teachers, Dr. Mark Charrette and Kathy Mills Chang bring it to life in this session, you will SEE it for yourself. In this interactive session, learn how the documentation from the first visit is brought to life in real time and in writing. As Dr. Charrette demonstrates clinical examples, Kathy outlines the required elements of documentation and medical necessity. Experience this illustration of what good looks like for an initial and subsequent patient visits.
- Clearly delineate the beginning and end of episodes of patient care, proper recording of these episodes, and boundary discussions with patients
- Locate and utilize the definitions of medically necessary
- Assess documentation across the life cycle of the patient’s episode of care from history to discharge and on through maintenance and wellness care based on live examples demonstrated
- Identify the deficiencies that may be present in your documentation through the eyes of an auditor
Mark N. Charrette, DC
Dr. Mark N. Charrette is a 1980 summa cum laude graduate of Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa. He is a frequent guest speaker at nine chiropractic colleges and has taught over 1000 seminars worldwide on extremity adjusting, biomechanics, and spinal adjusting techniques. His seminars emphasize a practical, hands-on approach.
Dr. Charrette is a former All-American swimmer, who has authored a book on extremity adjusting. Having developed successful practices in California, Nevada, and Iowa, Dr. Charrette currently resides in Dallas, TX.
Kathy (KMC) Wiedner, MCS-P, CCPC
Since 1983, Kathy, better known professionally as Kathy Mills Chang, has been providing healthcare providers and teams with hands-on training, advice and tools to improve the financial performance of their practices. As a Certified Medical Compliance Specialist (MCS- P), a Certified Professional Chiropractic Coder (CCPC) and a Certified Clinical Chiropractic Assistant (CCCA), Kathy is a well-known and sought-after speaker throughout the country. She has served in National and State level Organizations and sits on diverse boards and
advisory councils related to the profession.
In 2007, Kathy Mills Chang, Inc. was created to bring hope and peace of mind to the business side of practice. Its analysis and training arm, KMC University, provides professional assessment and self-paced or instructor-led education to help companies implement solutions to increase revenue and/or decrease healthcare compliance regulation risk in their business. Kathy leads a team of professionals with over 250 years’ hands-on experience to deliver these solutions to the profession, both personally and virtually… making the implementation quick and cost-effective. You can find out more about KMC University at www.kmcuniversity.com.
This lecture has been approved by Texas College of Chiropractic and quality control checked by the Florida Chiropractic Association. This lecture has attained approval in the following states: CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, IA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NJ, NM, NY, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, and WA.
- 2.00 Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) CE
- 2.00 Documentation & Record Keeping (DOC) credit
*Note: FCA Member cost for this course is $30. Members, make sure you are logged in to receive this discount. Any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org before you add to the cart.
- Please verify that your browser settings are enabled to ALLOW pop-ups. A pop-up window is how you will view this course.
- link to enable pop-ups in Safari
- link to enable pop-ups Google Chrome
- link to enable pop-ups in Firefox
- Please be sure that the device and IP address/location that you begin the course on is the same throughout the course entirety.
- When your program pauses at the end of a video, you have completed the end of that section. Close out of your window, give the system a moment to reset, then click the "next" button at the bottom right area of your screen. This will bring up the next section or a challenge question that needs to be answered. You can always note the completed sections on the Course Progress-Tracker on the left side of the screen.