Detox: Deep Dive
Some of the most dangerous culprits that inhibit a person's ability to achieve optimum health also happen to be omnipresent. Environmental toxins are virtually everywhere given their almost global nature; for instance, people don't think too much about the packaging their food comes in, the contents of their shampoo—or even the air they breathe. Yet, according to a 2010 article in Science, 70 to 90 percent of disease risks likely stem from environmental factors.
Environmental toxins come in two categories—chemical and metallic. These accumulate and reside in the body's fatty tissues and come from medications, food preservatives, and exposure to pesticides, air pollutants, and other harmful toxins. While these toxins come from a variety of sources, initial exposure to them usually begins while a baby is still in the womb.
This webinar will review the biochemistry and genetic expression associated with the detoxification pathways. Particular emphasis will be given to nutrition, nutrient activities, and botanicals for their influence in liver pathways.
- To understand the signs behind a metabolic detox and its clinical applications.
- To learn how to implement a practice-based metabolic detox.
- To review the diagnostic tools for metabolic detox and how to assess its effectiveness in your practice.
- elucidate the need for a ten or 28-day detox program
Approved for CE for DC's:
1.0 hour of General credit
Speaker: Robert G. Silverman, DC, MS, DABCN, DCBCN, CNS, CCN, CSCS, CIISN, CKTP, CES, HKC, FAKTR
Dr. Robert G. Silverman graduated Magna cum Laude from the University of Bridgeport, College of Chiropractic. He holds a Masters of Science in Human Nutrition and is a Diplomate with the American Clinical Board of Nutrition and the Chiropractic Board of Clinical Nutrition. He is certified as a sports nutritionist, Certified Nutrition Specialist, and Certified Clinical Nutritionist.
Dr. Silverman specializes in the diagnosis of joint pain and soft-tissue management and treatment with an innovative, well-researched approach to non-surgical care, while incorporating proper nutrition protocols. He is board certified in Active Release Technique® Graston Technique®, cold-laser therapy, and Sound Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization. He is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, Certified Kinesio Taping Practitioner, and NASM-certified Corrective Exercise Specialist. Dr. Silverman is also a HardStyle Kettlebell Certified (HKC) instructor, and a certified provider for Functional Movement Screen.
A nationally known speaker, Dr. Silverman has published numerous articles on treating and preventing sports injury, joint pain, and nutrition, in addition to giving seminars on injury-related preventions, treatments and nutrition for various organizations and Fortune 500 corporations. He is a post-graduate instructor at the University of Bridgeport, College of Chiropractic. Dr. Silverman also serves as a chiropractor and sports injury consultant for basketball players, professional wrestling organizations, local, collegiate, and professional sports teams, professional tri-athletes, body-builders, and martial artists, and acted as the team doctor for the Amino Vital pro-cycling team. He serves as a member of the medical team of New York City’s Triathlons and Marathons, Westchester Triathlon, multiple international Iron Man events, and local sports venues.
Dr. Silverman appears on Westchester’s Channel 76 – Beyond the Game, as a sports injury consultant, and a pain-management and nutrition consultant on radio 1460 AM, as well as a health expert on 1230 AM “Ask the Expert.” He has his own syndicated talk show on Westchester’s Channel 75 called “Get Healthy with Dr. Rob.” In addition, Dr. Silverman has been a featured guest on Westchester’s Channel 12 as their Nutritional Weight Loss expert and was chosen as the national spokesperson for the Vitamin Ester-C.
Thank you to Speaker Sponsor: NutriDyn
This lecture has been approved by Texas College of Chiropractic and quality control checked by the Florida Chiropractic Association. This lecture has attained approval in the following states: CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, IA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NJ, NM, NY, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, and WA.
Approved for CE for DC's:
1.0 hour of General credit
- 1.00 Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) CE
*Note: FCA Member cost for this course is $15. Members, make sure you are logged in to receive this discount. Any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org before you add to the cart.
- Please verify that your browser settings are enabled to ALLOW pop-ups. A pop-up window is how you will view this course.
- link to enable pop-ups in Safari
- link to enable pop-ups Google Chrome
- link to enable pop-ups in Firefox
- Please be sure that the device and IP address/location that you begin the course on is the same throughout the course entirety.
- Use the BLUE "start" and "stop" icon at the very bottom of your screen to pause and proceed with the course. Please IGNORE the "gray bar" controls, that appear in the video image itself.
- When your program pauses at the end of a section, the "next" button at the right bottom of your screen will bring up the next section or a challenge question that needs to be answered before proceeding.