Chiropractic and the VA Patient 2224
Dr. Kathy Mills Chang
The Veteran’s Administration has embraced and recognized the good that doctors of chiropractic can do to help our country’s veterans. More and more providers are signing up to be participating with this amazing program. However, as with many government programs, there are specific rules to follow. Missteps in this program carry the risk of non-payment and program removal. Documentation requirements are straightforward and easy to implement. In this session, Kathy Weidner will outline everything you need to know to ensure that your VA patient and documentation process is smooth and accurate, and your bills are properly submitted for rapid reimbursement.
Because of this session, attendees can expect the following outcomes and learning objectives:
- Recognize the key documentation requirements and components required to be eligible to treat Veterans Administration referrals
- Compose documentation that meets these required VA elements, while avoiding missteps most commonly found in denials and audits
- Appraise and self-audit the VA process from referral through discharge, looking for key factors known to be often missing, and understand what to do to correct the deficiency
Kathy (KMC) Wiedner, MCS-P, CCPC
Since 1983, Kathy, better known professionally as Kathy Mills Chang, has been providing healthcare providers and teams with hands-on training, advice and tools to improve the financial performance of their practices. As a Certified Medical Compliance Specialist (MCS- P), a Certified Professional Chiropractic Coder (CCPC) and a Certified Clinical Chiropractic Assistant (CCCA), Kathy is a well-known and sought-after speaker throughout the country. She has served in National and State level Organizations and sits on diverse boards and
advisory councils related to the profession.
In 2007, Kathy Mills Chang, Inc. was created to bring hope and peace of mind to the business side of practice. Its analysis and training arm, KMC University, provides professional assessment and self-paced or instructor-led education to help companies implement solutions to increase revenue and/or decrease healthcare compliance regulation risk in their business. Kathy leads a team of professionals with over 250 years’ hands-on experience to deliver these solutions to the profession, both personally and virtually… making the implementation quick and cost-effective. You can find out more about KMC University at www.kmcuniversity.com.
This lecture has been approved by Texas College of Chiropractic and quality control checked by the Florida Chiropractic Association. This lecture has attained approval in the following states: CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, IA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NJ, NM, NY, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, and WA.
- 2.00 Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) CE
- 2.00 Documentation & Record Keeping (DOC) credit
*Note: FCA Member cost for this course is $30. Members, make sure you are logged in to receive this discount. Any questions, email email@example.com before you add to the cart.
- Please verify that your browser settings are enabled to ALLOW pop-ups. A pop-up window is how you will view this course.
- link to enable pop-ups in Safari
- link to enable pop-ups Google Chrome
- link to enable pop-ups in Firefox
- Please be sure that the device and IP address/location that you begin the course on is the same throughout the course entirety.
- When your program pauses at the end of a video, you have completed the end of that section. Close out of your window, give the system a moment to reset, then click the "next" button at the bottom right area of your screen. This will bring up the next section or a challenge question that needs to be answered. You can always note the completed sections on the Course Progress-Tracker on the left side of the screen.