Become Opioid Aware: The Impact of Opioids on the Florida Patient Population 2224
Kristina L. Petrocco-Napuli
The US is facing an opioid crisis, have you thought about how this impacts your patients? It is well known that prescription rates for these painkillers vary depending upon geographical location, with southern states demonstrating a higher rate. During this session Dr. Petrocco-Napuli will discuss the impact of the opioid epidemic on special populations throughout the US and how that directly impacts your patient population in Florida. As this crisis does not discriminate, practitioners it is incredibly important that the focus on our varying patient populations be considered: pediatrics, female health: including pregnancy, geriatrics and veteran’s. Throughout this session, opioid utilization and the effects on patient centered inter-collaborative care will be discussed.
- Discuss and define the impact of the opioid crisis on special populations throughout the US and Florida.
- Describe and discuss provider and patient education strategies related to a non-pharmacological approach to pain management.
- Discuss and summarize how chiropractic treatment is an important component to assist in solving this crisis.
Speaker: Kristina L. Petrocco-Napuli, DC, MS, FICC
As an energetic international speaker, educator and practitioner Dr. Petrocco-Napuli’s lectures correlate every day practice with cutting edge evidence based information. Utilizing her instructional design background by incorporating learner centered strategies and her passion as a provider her lectures inform, challenge, and enlighten the practitioner.
Dr. Petrocco-Napuli graduated from the University of Arizona with her degree in Physiological Sciences and later with her Chiropractic degree from New York Chiropractic College. Following graduation from Chiropractic College she opened practice in New York and shortly after began her Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Technique at New York Chiropractic College. During this time, she also achieved a Masters degree in Instructional Design, Development and Evaluation from Syracuse University. As an active member of the Faculty ACA, she is currently serving as the Vice President. Recently, in recognition of her service to the profession she was elected a Fellow in the International College of Chiropractors.
Women’s health, especially related to natural health care plans has been an interest to Dr. Petrocco-Napuli for more than two decades. She has been actively involved in research related to pelvic pain in females and has authored both clinical and educational articles on this topic and others. Her practice and research focuses include chronic pain in the female population, lower extremity amputees and gait, and integrative collaborative practice.
For many years Dr. Petrocco-Napuli has focused on the integration of practitioners in the patient centered model of care and evaluating methods of effectively working on a team of healthcare professionals. This interest began many years ago while on an internship at the Camp Lejeune Naval Hospital Chiropractic Clinic and has been reinforced by her involvement on multiple grant projects regarding the training of healthcare providers in inter-collaborative care.
During her lectures Dr. Petrocco-Napuli focuses on the physiological journey related to female health and special populations. As an educator on a variety of topics related to chiropractic practice and enjoys working and meeting with practitioners from around the globe.
This lecture has been approved by Texas College of Chiropractic and quality control checked by the Florida Chiropractic Association. This lecture has attained approval in the following states: CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, IA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NJ, NM, NY, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, and WA.
- 1.00 Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) CE
- 1.00 Risk Management (RM) credit
*Note: FCA Member cost for this course is $15. Members, make sure you are logged in to receive this discount. Any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org before you add to the cart.
- Please verify that your browser settings are enabled to ALLOW pop-ups. A pop-up window is how you will view this course.
- link to enable pop-ups in Safari
- link to enable pop-ups Google Chrome
- link to enable pop-ups in Firefox
- Please be sure that the device and IP address/location that you begin the course on is the same throughout the course entirety.
- When your program pauses at the end of a video, you have completed the end of that section. Close out of your window, give the system a moment to reset, then click the "next" button at the bottom right area of your screen. This will bring up the next section or a challenge question that needs to be answered. You can always note the completed sections on the Course Progress-Tracker on the left side of the screen.