What You Say CAN Hurt You: Surviving and Thriving in Sports Chiropractic
Dr. Alan Sokoloff
In recent years, chiropractors have continued to grow as an integral part of sports at all levels. Yet there are some DC’s that lose great opportunities because of lack of organizational knowledge or not knowing how best to get involved. Because communication is the leading reason more chiropractors are not more involved in treating athletes and organized sports leagues, this webinar has been designed for chiropractors to identify some key strategies, avoid risks, and navigate the sports setting better. Chiropractic needs not only to survive, but thrive when it comes to treating more athletes!
- Realize the opportunity chiropractors have in educating and help with young athletes
- Understand a different organizational structure with the ATC at the top
- Identify best communication with other healthcare professionals in the sporting world.
Speaker: Alan Sokoloff, DC
Dr. Alan K. Sokoloff, or “Dr. Sok”, as his patients refer to him, is the owner/clinic director of the Yalich Clinic Performance and Rehabilitation in Glen Burnie, MD, where he has practiced for over 30 years.
Since 1999, he continues to be one of the team chiropractors for World Champion Baltimore Ravens of the NFL. He is a medical team member for the Bowie Baysox, an Orioles AA team. He has also been a part of the University of Maryland Sports Medical Team since 1991. Dr. Sok is the current president of the Professional Football Chiropractic Society. He has completed his first in a series of concussion prevention DVDs, Tackling Concussion Head On, starring NFL, college, and high school guests.
Thank you to Speaker Sponsor: ChiroHealthUSA
This lecture has been approved by Texas College of Chiropractic and quality control checked by the Florida Chiropractic Association. This lecture has attained approval in the following states: CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, IA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NJ, NM, NY, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, and WA.
- 1.00 Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) CE
- 1.00 Risk Management (RM) credit
*Note: FCA Member cost for this course is $15. Members, make sure you are logged in to receive this discount. Any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org before you add to the cart.
- Please verify that your browser settings are enabled to ALLOW pop-ups. A pop-up window is how you will view this course.
- link to enable pop-ups in Safari
- link to enable pop-ups Google Chrome
- link to enable pop-ups in Firefox
- Please be sure that the device and IP address/location that you begin the course on is the same throughout the course entirety.
- Use the BLUE "start" and "stop" icon at the very bottom of your screen to pause and proceed with the course. Please IGNORE the "gray bar" controls, that appear in the video image itself.
- When your program pauses at the end of a section, the "next" button at the right bottom of your screen will bring up the next section or a challenge question that needs to be answered before proceeding.