(NON-CE) Current Approach to Spinal Distraction in Clinical Practice
The purpose of this course is to provide a foundation of appropriate mechanical spinal distraction, techniques based on current rationale. The scope is inclusive of approaches applicable to common conditions treated with modalities in the Chiropractic setting. This discussion/lecture course will also provide the participant with an overview of the effects of the spinal distraction on specific conditions
- Describe the basic biomechanical and physiological aspects to mechanical spinal distraction
- Describe the indication of mechanical spinal distraction
- Describe the appropriate patient treatment of specific spinal conditions with mechanical spinal distraction
Speaker: Dr. Christopher M. Proulx, D.C., Ph.D.(abd), A.T.C., C.S.C.S.
Dr. Proulx is a clinical consultant at DJO, LLC in the Chattanooga division. He is also in private practice and consultant as a physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist and performance coordinator for individuals and athletic teams and guest lecturer/researcher at colleges and universities. He holds a Doctor of Chiropractic, PhD(abd) in Exercise Science, Master’s of Science in Exercise Science, and a Bachelor’s of Science in Sport Management and Health Fitness. Chris has over 25 years of experience in sport and clinical sciences. He has over authored and co-authored several peer reviewed publications and has presented his work across the U.S., Central and South America, China, and Europe in many different venues. He has been a consultant to several manufacturers, clinicians, athletes, and coaches at all levels. Proulx is a licensed chiropractor, certified athletic trainer (ret), and certified strength and conditioning specialist.
*Note: THIS CLASS IS NOT FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION. FCA Member cost for this course is FREE, Non-Members is $15. Members, make sure you are logged in to receive this discount. Any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
A few notes before you begin:
- Please verify that your browser settings are enabled to ALLOW pop-ups. A pop-up window is how you will view this course.
- link to enable pop-ups in Safari
- link to enable pop-ups Google Chrome
- link to enable pop-ups in Firefox
- Please be sure that the device and IP address/location that you begin the course on is the same throughout the course entirety.
- Use the BLUE "start" and "stop" icon at the very bottom of your screen to pause and proceed with the course. Please IGNORE the "gray bar" controls, that appear in the video image itself.
- When your program pauses at the end of a section, the "next" button at the right bottom of your screen will bring up the next section or a challenge question that needs to be answered before proceeding.