The Neurological Assessment, Quantification, and Documentation of Today’s Chiropractic Patient
Dr. Matthew Antonucci
In 1939, Palmer invented and began utilizing the electroencephaloneuromentimpograph to increase the specificity and measure the effect of the chiropractic adjustment. Today, chiropractors have an arsenal of neurological tests that can be performed at the bedside, with little or no equipment, for the same purpose.
Neurological assessment has many domains. In this 2-hour program we will discover and apply methods of assessing, measuring, and documenting integrity within the
- Identifying Chiropractic’s role in neurological wellness and performance
- The assessment and documentation of balance utilizing the BESS Test
- Assessment and Documentation of cognitive integrity utilizing the Luria 3-Step Test
- The Assessment and Documentation of cognitive impairment utilizing the MOCA
Matthew Antonucci, DC, DACNB, FACFN, FABCDD, FABVR, FABNN, FABBIR, FICC
Matthew Antonucci studied for his Doctorate in Chiropractic at Life University, Dr. Antonucci became fascinated with the nervous system, particularly the brain, of humankind. He began taking extra-curricular neurology classes to understand the brain and nervous system better, and became enthralled with the study of neurology. He has a professional Master’s degree in neuroscience; has been awarded a diplomate in the sub-specialty of chiropractic neurology; is a certified fellow in multiple specialties: vestibular disorders, brain injury rehabilitation, nutrition and neurochemistry, childhood developmental disorders, and functional neurology. He has been inducted as a fellow into the exclusive and honorable International College of Chiropractic. Over the years, Dr. Antonucci had the great fortune of having spent thousands of hours as a first-assist in clinical rounds with Professor Frederick R. Carrick, a pioneer in the field of clinical neuroscience and rehabilitation. Throughout that time, he was constantly being guided and empowered to pursue clinical excellence.
Dr. Antonucci finds particular interest in treating traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), childhood developmental disorders, vestibular rehabilitation, movement disorders, sports and neurological performance enhancement, degenerative conditions, and conducting clinical research.
This lecture has been approved by Texas College of Chiropractic and quality control checked by the Florida Chiropractic Association. This lecture has attained approval in the following states: CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, IA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NJ, NM, NY, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, and WA.
- 2.00 Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) CE
- 2.00 Documentation & Record Keeping (DOC) credit
*Note: FCA Member cost for this course is $30. Members, make sure you are logged in to receive this discount. Any questions, email email@example.com before you add to the cart.
- Please verify that your browser settings are enabled to ALLOW pop-ups. A pop-up window is how you will view this course.
- link to enable pop-ups in Safari
- link to enable pop-ups Google Chrome
- link to enable pop-ups in Firefox
- Please be sure that the device and IP address/location that you begin the course on is the same throughout the course entirety.
- Use the BLUE "start" and "stop" icon at the very bottom of your screen to pause and proceed with the course. Please IGNORE the "gray bar" controls, that appear in the video image itself.
- When your program pauses at the end of a section, the "next" button at the right bottom of your screen will bring up the next section or a challenge question that needs to be answered before proceeding.