Medicare and MIPS for Chiropractic 2224
Dr. Evan Gwilliam
If you are familiar with the MIPS pathway of the Quality Payment Program of Medicare, you may have noticed that the Code G8730 was deleted in 2021 (along with the entire “Pain Assessment and Follow-Up” Measure). What does this mean for your practice and how does it affect your documentation? While only a few chiropractors with a very high volume of Medicare patients are required to report on MIPS Measures, many choose to do so voluntarily. Is it something you should be doing in your office? In this webinar, you will find out how to include outcome assessments in your records and everything else you need to know about MIPS and chiropractic.
- Become familiar with the MIPS pathway of the Quality Payment Program and what it means for your record keeping.
- Learn the difference between being eligible and voluntarily reporting
- Figure out how to document and use outcome assessments
- Determine if you can/should also report on Promoting Interoperability and Improvement Activities in MIPS
Speaker: Evan Gwilliam, DC, MBA, BS, CPC, CCPC, CPC-I, MCS-P, CPMA, CMHP, AAPC Fellow
Dr. Gwilliam, Clinical Director for PayDC Chiropractic Software, graduated from Palmer College of Chiropractic as Valedictorian and is a Certified Professional Coding and ICD-10 Instructor, Medical Compliance Specialist, and Certified Professional Medical Auditor. Because he is also a clinician with a Bachelor’s degree in accounting and a Master’s of Business Administration he is a sought-after seminar speaker. He provides expert witness testimony, medical record audits, consulting, and education for health care providers and has authored and contributed to reference books and articles for multiple publications.
Thank you to Speaker Sponsor: NCMIC
This lecture has been approved by Texas College of Chiropractic and quality control checked by the Florida Chiropractic Association. This lecture has attained approval in the following states: CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, IA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NJ, NM, NY, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, and WA.
- 1.00 Certified Chiropractic Physicians Assistant (CCPA) CE
- 1.00 General (GEN) credit
- 1.00 Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) CE
- 1.00 Documentation & Record Keeping (DOC) credit
*Note: FCA Member cost for this course is $15. Members, make sure you are logged in to receive this discount. Any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org before you add to the cart.
- Please verify that your browser settings are enabled to ALLOW pop-ups. A pop-up window is how you will view this course.
- link to enable pop-ups in Safari
- link to enable pop-ups Google Chrome
- link to enable pop-ups in Firefox
- Please be sure that the device and IP address/location that you begin the course on is the same throughout the course entirety.
- When your program pauses at the end of a video, you have completed the end of that section. Close out of your window, give the system a moment to reset, then click the "next" button at the bottom right area of your screen. This will bring up the next section or a challenge question that needs to be answered. You can always note the completed sections on the Course Progress-Tracker on the left side of the screen.