Mastering The Endocrinology System Part 1: Evaluation, Testing, Functional Treatment; BONUS Case Studies
Dr. Bill Kleber, Dr. Brett Wisniewski,
& Dr. Brandon Lundell
This is part I of a two-part series in which we will break down not only the functional aspects of hormones and dysfunction, but also discover the biochemical mechanisms on how hormones are synthesized and regulated. We will start at the beginning reviewing the basics to ensure a complete understanding of foundational and advanced topics.
We will discuss the following, but not limited to:
- Hormones of the body including head and abdomen
- Principles of thyroid endocrinology, function and testing
- Steroid synthesis with an emphasis on estrogens and the female cycle
- Testing modalities which include serum, saliva and urine
- When to choose which test and why
- Review patient cases as it relates to hormonal dysfunction and discuss effective treatments
- Learn about common disorders such as low cholesterol and insulin resistance and their effects on hormonal balance.
Once finished you should be able to answer the following questions:
- Discuss how can you effectively treat hormonal imbalance without introducing any synthetic hormones?
- Learn what impact does one of the fastest growing diseases in America, insulin resistance, have to do with hormones?
- Learn how do hormones interact with different tissues such as the breast, testes and prostate?
- Review and learn what labs to use, when and why?
Speaker: William Kleber, DC, DABCIDr. Kleber received his Doctor of Chiropractic degree at New York Chiropractic College in 1982. He also earned his Diplomate Degree from the American Board of Chiropractic Internists in 2000. He is one of two coordinators of the DABCI program, certified by the Council on Diagnosis and Internal Disorders. His interest in internal medicine began when he came to believe that his patients were suffering from more than just musculoskeletal issues. He brings a wealth of knowledge and over 3 decades of experience to the clinic.
Speaker: Brett Wisniewski, MS, DC, DABCI, DACBNDr. Brett Wisniewski has been practicing natural medicine for over 10 years. He spends most of his time as a full-time clinic director and clinical consultant at Gateway Natural Medicine & Diagnostic Center. Dr. Wisniewski currently holds diplomates from the American Board of Chiropractic Internists (DABCI) and the American Clinical Board of Nutrition (DACBN) of which he is the program director and sits on the board.
Dr. Wisniewski concentrates his studies in immunology, autoimmune disease, infectious disease and cancer. He prides himself on truly listening to his patients and finding the missing puzzle piece to their story. He is recognized, nationally, for presenting on such topics and enjoys pushing the limits of diagnostics and natural medicine.
Speaker: Brandon M. Lundell, DC, APC, DABCI, IFMCP, Dipl. Ac., NE,CAC
Dr. Lundell has been practicing and teaching integrative health for almost 15 years and has a waiting-list only practice. The clinic focus of his family practice is addressing underlying causes of illness as well as sports medicine and holistic functional medicine. He is dedicated to staying on the leading-edge of functional medicine and evidence-based care. His practice offers many services and treatments to address the unique needs of each patient. He believes that functional/integrative physicians provide a much needed service in the current health care environment by filling both a primary care/general practice void, as well as offering personalized science-based, natural treatments which emphasize Prevention and Wellness throughout the lifespan. His holistic practice utilizes clinical laboratory testing (including blood, urine, stool and saliva), dietary/nutritional education, chiropractic, endocrinology, acupuncture, nutraceutical therapies, homeopathy, detoxification, visceral manipulation, pre-conception/prenatal planning, functional exercise training, tai chi and mindfulness based techniques. Dr. Lundell graduated cum laude from Parker University in 2004 with a Doctor of Chiropractic degree(DC). While in school full time obtaining his DC degree, he completed a three year diplomate in acupuncture and oriental medicine. He has completed a 300 hr. post graduate board certification in thePrimaryCare/Internist program through the American Board of Chiropractic Internists (DABCI) which trains and certifies doctors in internal disorders, diagnostics, natural medicine and alternative therapies for areas such as autoimmune diseases, pediatrics, neurology and more. He was among the first practitioners in the country to complete the functional medicine certification program through the Institute of Functional Medicine (IFMCP). He has also completed a Naturopathic Endocrinology certification from the National Institute of Endocrine Research. Dr. Lundell has served as adjunct professor at Southern California University of Health Sciences where he developed and taught a functional medicine program for doctorate students. He also teaches for several other organizations throughout the country including the American Board of Chiropractic Internists program. Topics of his classes include blood chemistry/pathology, functional endocrinology, inflammatory basis of disease, detoxification, methylation, functional genetics and more.
Upon completion of this course, each learner will receive 12 approved hours applicable toward a DACBI certification. These 12 hours of education are also currently submitted for ACBN approval as well.
*Note: THIS CLASS IS NOT FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION. The sentence that is listed below is noted ONLY for DABCI credit.
- 12.00 Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) CE
*If you are an FCA Member, Chiropractic Student, or a currently licensed DABCI please email firstname.lastname@example.org before you "add to cart" to authenticate your status and receive a discount code.
- Please verify that your browser settings are enabled to ALLOW pop-ups. A pop-up window is how you will view this course.
- link to enable pop-ups in Safari
- link to enable pop-ups Google Chrome
- link to enable pop-ups in Firefox
- Please be sure that the device and IP address/location that you begin the course on is the same throughout the course entirety.
- Use the BLUE "start" and "stop" icon at the very bottom of your screen to pause and proceed with the course. Please IGNORE the "gray bar" controls, that appear in the video image itself.
- When your program pauses at the end of a section, the "next" button at the right bottom of your screen will bring up the following section. If there is no "next" button, you have completed the end of the section. Close out of your window, and proceed to the next section noted on the Course Progress-Tracker on the L side of the screen.
Please be aware that due to the size and volume of content housed on this site, please make sure your software is up to date. We have noticed older devices take longer or have troubles playing the larger video files.