Keeping You and Your Patients Healthy Through a Pandemic: Recommendations We Can All Follow
Dr. Cindy Howard
During this one-hour presentation we will address how and why we need to focus on our immune system to stay healthy and recover faster if needed during this pandemic. We will discuss ways in which we can change our daily lives for the better. Nutrition utilizing better food choices as well as supplementation will be discussed. Being able to make basic recommendations and utilize supplementation in a very simple manner will allow you to improve the health of your patients and make recommendations should they become ill and have symptoms related to COVID-19 or any other virus for that matter. Research to support all recommendations will be provided.
- How and why we need to focus on our immune system to stay healthy and recover faster if needed during this pandemic
- Discuss ways in which we can change our daily lives for the better
- How to utilize better food choices as well as supplementation
Speaker: Cindy Howard, DC, DABCI, DACBN, FIAMA
Dr. Cindy M. Howard earned her Doctorate in Chiropractic from National University of Health Sciences and is in private practice in Orland Park, Illinois, just south of Chicago. She is a Board Certified Chiropractic Internist and Board Certified Nutritionist and holds a Fellowship in Acupuncture from the International Academy of Medical Acupuncture and is currently working on her diplomate in Chiropractic Neurology.
Dr. Howard is the Director of Functional Nutrition for Neurosport Elite. She teaches for the DABCI (diplomate of the American Board of Chiropractic Internists) on male and female pelvic disorders, pediatrics, Immunology, GI disorders, Endocrinology and Nutritional Blood Analysis/ Interpretation. Other current positions include: Northern Illinois Delegate for the American Chiropractic Association and recipient of the Flynn/Lynch Award 2015 for outstanding service, Executive Board Member and instructor for POWERPlay in Sports, Medial Advisory Board for Integrative Therapeutics and the Functional Medicine University. Locally she serves as a Board member for the Frankfort Falcons Youth Football organization, and team Chiropractic Physician for Dreamz Elite competitive Cheerleaders. She maintains her private practice and travels all over the country lecturing for various companies.
Thank you to Speaker Sponsor: Protocol For Life Balance
This lecture has been approved by Texas College of Chiropractic and quality control checked by the Florida Chiropractic Association. This lecture has attained approval in the following states: CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, IA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NJ, NM, NY, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, and WA.
- 1.00 Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) CE
- 1.00 General (GEN) credit
*Note: FCA Member cost for this course is $15. Members, make sure you are logged in to receive this discount. Any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org before you add to the cart.
- Please verify that your browser settings are enabled to ALLOW pop-ups. A pop-up window is how you will view this course.
- link to enable pop-ups in Safari
- link to enable pop-ups Google Chrome
- link to enable pop-ups in Firefox
- Please be sure that the device and IP address/location that you begin the course on is the same throughout the course entirety.
- When your program pauses at the end of a video, you have completed the end of that section. Close out of your window, give the system a moment to reset, then click the "next" button at the bottom right area of your screen. This will bring up the next section or a challenge question that needs to be answered. You can always note the completed sections on the Course Progress-Tracker on the left side of the screen.