Integration of Cannabidiol (CBD Oil) for Chiropractic Physicians
Dr. Kyle Nevius
In this session attendees will learn the history, development and current utilization of industrial hemp products/CBD oil and their uses in healthcare. This course will discuss the healthcare revolution as it occurred in 2012 and subsequent global media explosion that started research in 52 countries, it will include treatment categories by the Mayo Clinic and database management by John's Hopkins University. Information regarding guidelines for diagnoses, drug interaction and loading dose approach will be briefly discussed. legal considerations will be reviewed from a state and federal level.
- Learn the difference between controlled and noncontrolled CBD products as approved for use by the FDA within the United States and Florida
- Identify discuss and differentiate between medicinal marijuana products and noncontrolled CBD oil as it relates to prescription and nonprescription treatment
- Learn about the history of hemp-based CBD oil in the United States and its utilization in healthcare as well as other non-healthcare related industries
- Review and understand the data as it relates to CB one and CB two receptors and how that will play an integral role with their patients’ healthcare management
- Learn about the involvement of Johns Hopkins University outpatient treatment program and data acquisition as well as treatment categories currently being developed by the Mayo Clinic as it relates to CBD oil intervention
Speaker: Kyle Nevius, DC
Dr. Kyle Nevius has been in practice as a chiropractor since 1987. His original background started in pre-hospital emergency medicine. He was the Owner/Director/pilot of the Level I Critical Care Fixed Wing Air Ambulance Service for Southwest Florida for over 10 years. He was introduced to chiropractic, after suffering multiple injuries as a professional driver for Porsche motor-sports. He was actually referred by an emergency room physician, who became a lifelong friend. Subsequently, his chiropractic physician became very instrumental in his rehabilitation and career! As a chiropractor himself, he has been extremely involved in his community, sitting on boards/committees such as Special Olympics Florida, the Florida Worker’s Compensation Oversight Board, and the Occupational Physician Advisory Panel at Naples Community Hospital, where he continues to be a member of Health Partners (PHO). He served as the chairman of the board at the Collier county chapter of the American Red Cross directing disaster relief efforts through hurricane Andrew. During all that, he was also the only Naples DC to serve as the president for the FCA Board of Directors and was the team physician for Naples High School for 7 years!! He is the author of “Corporate Healthcare Florida” used by chiropractic and allopathic physicians for work related injuries. Dr. Nevius serves 12 large south west Florida employers with over 10,000 employees providing evaluation and treatment for workers compensation injuries. He is the prehospital rotary wing director for Sebring International Raceway. He is an expert medical advisor for the state of Florida and is a consultant to the Agency for Healthcare Administration.
This lecture has been approved by Texas College of Chiropractic and quality control checked by the Florida Chiropractic Association. This lecture has attained approval in the following states: CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, IA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NJ, NM, NY, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, and WA.
- 2.00 Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) CE
- 2.00 General (GEN) credit
*Note: FCA Member cost for this course is $30. Members, make sure you are logged in to receive this discount. Any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org before you add to the cart.
- Please verify that your browser settings are enabled to ALLOW pop-ups. A pop-up window is how you will view this course.
- link to enable pop-ups in Safari
- link to enable pop-ups Google Chrome
- link to enable pop-ups in Firefox
- Please be sure that the device and IP address/location that you begin the course on is the same throughout the course entirety.
- When your program pauses at the end of a video, you have completed the end of that section. Close out of your window, give the system a moment to reset, then click the "next" button at the bottom right area of your screen. This will bring up the next section or a challenge question that needs to be answered. You can always note the completed sections on the Course Progress-Tracker on the left side of the screen.