HIV and AIDS A Public Health Perspective - Part 2
In session 2, Dr. Jourdan will review the pathophysiology of the human immune system, as it pertains to HIV and its progression to AIDS, and other HIV associated comorbidities.
- Review the pathophysiology of the human immune system
- Learn specific mechanisms by which the virus infects cells
- Discuss the process of cell destruction, leading to significant immune compromisation
Speaker: Michelle Jourdan, DC, DABCI
Dr. Michelle D. Jourdan is currently a full-time faculty member of the Doctor of Chiropractic degree program at National University of Health Sciences (NUHS) Florida site. As an Associate Professor for both the clinical and basic sciences departments since 2011, Dr. Jourdan is able to apply her professional, business and continued education experience in curricula to include general pathophysiology, evaluation and management in each topic of study. Upon her advanced certification in 2015, the Florida DABCI program has provided Dr. Jourdan with additional opportunities to be a contributing instructor on various specialty topics in both Florida and Colorado DABCI course locations.
In addition to advancing her chiropractic education, Dr. Jourdan completed a master’s degree in biomedical sciences, graduating summa cum laude, in December of 2019. As an international medical graduate, Dr. Jourdan had the opportunity of utilizing multi-disciplinary clinical rotations to support the enhancement of her medical knowledge and skill set.
In her spare time, Dr. Jourdan is an active executive committee member with the St. Anthony’s Hospital Foundation in St. Petersburg, Florida and volunteers in her community at various local events on a monthly basis. In 2019, Dr. Jourdan traveled to Tanzania, Africa as a medical team member with International Medical Relief (IMR) in efforts to provide medical care to over 5,000 tribal community members.
This lecture has been approved by Texas College of Chiropractic and quality control checked by the Florida Chiropractic Association. This lecture has attained approval in the following states: CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, IA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NJ, NM, NY, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, and WA.
- 1.00 Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) CE
- 1.00 HIV credit
*Note: FCA Member cost for this course is $15. Members, make sure you are logged in to receive this discount. Any questions, email email@example.com before you add to the cart.
- Please verify that your browser settings are enabled to ALLOW pop-ups. A pop-up window is how you will view this course.
- link to enable pop-ups in Safari
- link to enable pop-ups Google Chrome
- link to enable pop-ups in Firefox
- Please be sure that the device and IP address/location that you begin the course on is the same throughout the course entirety.
- When your program pauses at the end of a video, you have completed the end of that section. Close out of your window, give the system a moment to reset, then click the "next" button at the bottom right area of your screen. This will bring up the next section or a challenge question that needs to be answered. You can always note the completed sections on the Course Progress-Tracker on the left side of the screen.