HIPAA and Your Practice: Complaints, Breaches & COVID-19
Is your practice truly HIPAA compliant? Join us along with our industry-leading HIPAA compliance expert, Abyde, for an educational webinar to find out what being HIPAA compliant truly means and if your practice is prepared for a patient complaint or breach. Learn more about the government-mandated HIPAA risk assessment, business associate agreements, required annual training, and Office for Civil Rights (OCR) HIPAA audit requirements. Additionally, in response to the current outbreak, join us to dive deeper into how the current COVID-19 climate affects HIPAA and recent changes that impact your practice.
- Evaluate your practice’s current HIPAA program compared to government-mandated requirements
- Interpret enforcement trends, recent HIPAA changes related to COVID-19, and key examples of recent HIPAA violations
- Determine your practice's future needs to maintain HIPAA compliance
Speaker: Matt DiBlasi
Matt DiBlasi is President and Co-founder of Abyde, an industry-leading software company that specializes in HIPAA compliance. Abyde is an automated, cloud-based software solution that is revolutionizing the way providers attain and sustain internal HIPAA programs. With a multifaceted background in Healthcare IT, Matt has a unique perspective of the challenges independent practices face when attempting to adhere to government-mandated privacy and security rules. Matt has been a frequent speaker, educating thousands of providers on complex HIPAA requirements in an easy-to-understand and engaging format.
*Note: THIS CLASS IS NOT FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION. FCA Member cost for this course is FREE, Non-Members is $15. Members, make sure you are logged in to receive this discount. Any questions, email email@example.com
A few notes before you begin:
- Please verify that your browser settings are enabled to ALLOW pop-ups. A pop-up window is how you will view this course.
- link to enable pop-ups in Safari
- link to enable pop-ups Google Chrome
- link to enable pop-ups in Firefox
- Please be sure that the device and IP address/location that you begin the course on is the same throughout the course entirety.
- When your program pauses at the end of a video, you have completed the end of that section. Close out of your window, give the system a moment to reset, then click the "next" button at the bottom right area of your screen. This will bring up the next section of the webinar. You can always note the completed sections on the Course Progress-Tracker on the left side of the screen.