Ethical Implementation of Tech Concepts
Jay Greenstein, Cindy Howard, Corey Frogley, Patrick Engracia, Brad Cost
Chiropractors deal with many challenges on a daily basis outside of actually treating the patient: business methodologies, educating patients, and correctly completing each patient record in order to avoid an audit. This course is designed to address these issues, bringing awareness to the ethical standards that improve the outcomes of each issue.
- Driving ethics through clinical care plan adherence
- Ethical approaches to protecting your data, patients, practice through data security measures
- Ethical increases that create efficiency and accuracy of movement assessment through 3D technology
- Integrate brain-based science for your “last hope” patients: your ethical responsibility
- Own YOUR data, know your data and act on your data…ethically
- Recognize the mindset needed to implement these changes
Jay Greenstein, DC, CGFI-L1, CKTP, FMS
Dr. Jay Greenstein is the CEO of the Sport and Spine Companies – Sport and Spine Rehab, a multi-location, multi-disciplinary, evidenced-based practice in the Washington DC Metro region; Sport and Spine Athletics, a state-of-the-art health and fitness facility; the Sport and Spine Rehab Clinical Research Foundation, a 501-c3 dedicated to high quality, clinical research; and Kaizenovation® Consulting which coaches businesses on Six Sigma, human capital management and the Entrepreneurial Operating System®.
Dr. Greenstein has professional board positions at the state level as the President of the East Coast Associations’ Independent Physician Network, the national level as Vice Chair for the Council for Chiropractic Guidelines and Practice Parameters (CCGPP) and at the International level as a member of the research and finance commissions for the Federation of International Chiropractic Sport (FICS).
Dr. Greenstein was Chiropractor of the Year for both the Maryland and Virginia Chiropractic Association’s in 2010 and won the Smart CEO Volt Award for Technology Implementer for the small business category. He was recently selected to the state of Maryland’s Governor’s Office of Health Care Reform to serve on the Essential Health Benefits Committee. Dr. Greenstein sits on multiple community and business advisory boards in healthcare, banking and information technology.
Dr. Greenstein was also selected to be the Chef de Mission for the International Sports Chiropractic Association to run the Chiropractic Sports Center at the World Olympians Association Reunion Center at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
Additionally with his clinical practice Dr. Greenstein has served as a recommended provider for the National Football League Players Association for the Washington Redskins, and since 1997, has been the Official Team Chiropractor for the Washington Redskins Cheerleaders.
Cindy Howard, DC, DABCI, DACBN, FIAMA, FICC
Dr. Cindy M. Howard earned her Doctorate in Chiropractic from National University of Health Sciences and is in private practice in Orland Park, Illinois, just south of Chicago. She is a Board Certified Chiropractic Internist and Board Certified Nutritionist and holds a Fellowship in Acupuncture from the International Academy of Medical Acupuncture and is currently working on her diplomate in Chiropractic Neurology.
Dr. Howard is the Director of Functional Nutrition for Neurosport Elite. She teaches for the DABCI (diplomate of the American Board of Chiropractic Internists) on male and female pelvic disorders, pediatrics, Immunology, GI disorders, Endocrinology and Nutritional Blood Analysis/ Interpretation. Other current positions include: Northern Illinois Delegate for the American Chiropractic Association and recipient of the Flynn/Lynch Award 2015 for outstanding service, Executive Board Member and instructor for POWERPlay in Sports, Medial Advisory Board for Integrative Therapeutics and the Functional Medicine University.
Locally she serves as a Board member for the Frankfort Falcons Youth Football organization, and team Chiropractic Physician for Dreamz Elite competitive Cheerleaders. She maintains her private practice and travels all over the country lecturing for various companies.
Cory Frogley, DC
Cory was born the 10th child of Ron and Lee Frogley. His father was the Executive Vice President to David Palmer at the time Cory joined the family. Being raised at the footsteps of Palmer College, Cory got to enjoy all the benefits of a naturally healthy childhood. Cory had 5 of his 6 brothers become Chiropractors and with that influence knew at an early age that he would also like to follow his father’s footsteps. After graduating with honors from Palmer on the very same day his father retired at the age of 76, Cory began his career as his father finished his. There was a feeling of “passing the torch” on that day to serve our profession.
Now Dr. Frogley, Cory joined one of his brother’s practices to develop his skills where he quickly learned how much he loved both the patient and the business side of running a practice. Cory started his own practice in 2003 while furthering his education in business administration. After several years of building a consulting firm focused on practice administration Cory fell in love with the data generated by the doctor/team/patient experience. Seeing that Chiropractic, as a profession, was lacking “big data”, Cory decided to co-found a practice data analytics company named BlueIQ. Cory’s focus was on helping Chiropractors learn to grow their patient impact by making better healthcare and business decisions focused on data. BlueIQ now services over 1000 doctors and growing fast. Cory’s greatest desire is to bring greater research data from the real world of chiropractic, from the doctors themselves.
Patrick Engracia, DC
Dr. Patrick Engracia is the Clinic Director at Kazio Health (formerly Sport and Spine Rehab) in Rockville. He is a licensed Doctor of Chiropractic with Physical Therapy privileges in Maryland. He graduated from the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign where he majored in Kinesiology with a minor in Geriatrics. He then went on to receive his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from National University of Health Sciences.
Dr. Patrick has a strong emphasis in rehabilitation and teaching. He has completed advanced education in functional rehabilitation, nutrition, sports medicine, and manual therapy. Dr. Patrick takes an integrated approach to rehabilitation and ensures every exercise has a specific purpose. He teaches CEs for the Maryland Chiropractic Association including: Core training in rehabilitation and Intro to Rehab. Dr. Patrick has also consulted with Theraband’s educational committee in their rehab certification program. Dr Patrick takes an eclectic approach to rehab with strong influences coming from Stu McGil, Grey Cook, DNS, TPI, Liebenson, Janda, and strength and conditioning. Dr. Patrick also is a certified personal trainer. In clinical practice, Dr. Patrick also likes to integrate technology to evaluate and treat his patients. He utilizes biofeedback, gait analysis treadmills, force plates to help his patients improve their movement or help return to their sport.
Dr. Patrick enjoys giving lectures and seminars for athletes in the local community. Dr. Patrick works with all types of athletes but has a special interest in crossfit athletes, rock climbers, runners, and strength sport athletes.
Brad Cost is a highly knowledgeable and credible source within the healthcare industry. He has an impressive work history proving his success within the industry. Cost’s primary focus is in the development of cutting edge electronic data technology as it relates to the statistical analysis of medical and health data. Prior to his role at Infinedi, Cost was the senior systems engineer at Oklahoma State University, his alma mater. Cost has been given numerous opportunities to speak across the nation. He has a way of relating to audiences and getting points across in a clear, concise manner, while making it interesting at the same time. To further validate his credibility, here are some businesses Cost is the owner of:
• Infinedi, LLC and has acted as the president/chief executive officer since 1999. Infinedi, LLC is a national claims clearinghouse located in Tulsa, Oklahoma that serves over 17,000 providers in 50 states and processes over 3 million transactions each month. Infinedi’s analytical company provides utilization management tools and analysis for the chiropractic industry and is the primary data partner for the American Chiropractic Association and many other state chiropractic associations.
• An electronic data interchange consultant firm, which is an advisor to the American Medical Association. Concentrated in the area of physician advocacy, Cost advises the AMA on past, current and future electronic data interchange issues. Cost also services as a consultant and expert witness to a medical class action lawsuit firm in New York City, as well as the Physician’s Advocacy Institute.
• Cost Investments, LLC, a commercial real estate company located in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
• Genesis Interact, LLC, an interactive software development company that recently released www.fitterlife.com and its private label, www.cowboysonthemove.okstate.edu, which was developed in cooperation with Oklahoma State University’s Seretean Wellness Center. Genesis Interact, LLC recently released an interactive legal documentation system and is currently developing a clinical integration tool for the American Medical Association.
• Mootracker.com, an innovative software system designed to predictively monitor and track cattle’s health in the dairy industry. Cost is the primary data partner for the American Chiropractic Association and many state chiropractic associations. He has developed Infinedi Analytics as a pro advocacy resource for healthcare providers. Cost understands the healthcare industry is ever changing. He understands technology and how it is developing every day. Cost wants to be able to inform people how they can stay one step ahead of technology while maintaining efficiency and productivity within their offices at the same time. To do this, Cost updates his presentations so they are always present and about current situations.
This lecture has been approved by Texas College of Chiropractic and quality control checked by the Florida Chiropractic Association. This lecture has attained approval in the following states: CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, IA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MT, NE, NJ, NM, NY, OR, RI, SC, UT, VT, VA, and WA.
- 2.00 Certified Chiropractic Physicians Assistant (CCPA) CE
- 2.00 General (GEN) credit
- 2.00 Doctor of Chiropractic (DC) CE
- 2.00 Ethics (ETH) credit
*Note: FCA Member cost for this course is $30. Members, make sure you are logged in to receive this discount. Any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org before you add to the cart.
- Please verify that your browser settings are enabled to ALLOW pop-ups. A pop-up window is how you will view this course.
- link to enable pop-ups in Safari
- link to enable pop-ups Google Chrome
- link to enable pop-ups in Firefox
- Please be sure that the device and IP address/location that you begin the course on is the same throughout the course entirety.
- Use the BLUE "start" and "stop" icon at the very bottom of your screen to pause and proceed with the course. Please IGNORE the "gray bar" controls, that appear in the video image itself.
- When your program pauses at the end of a section, the "next" button at the right bottom of your screen will bring up the next section or a challenge question that needs to be answered before proceeding.